10 Signs Of Fibromyalgia To Never Ignore
“Fibromyalgia, also known as fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS), is a chronic condition that characteristically causes pain all over the body, including muscle and joint pain, and fatigue as well as other symptoms. Fibromyalgia can lead to depression and social isolation.” – WebMD
Fibromyalgia is a particularly distressing condition that can affect someone both mentally and physically. Upon awakening, someone with fibromyalgia commonly experiences a rapid onset of fatigue when attempting to move their body.
The severe mental and physical complications of fibromyalgia can make one’s daily routine a difficult path to navigate. Before delving into the signs of fibromyalgia, here are some relevant facts about the condition:
– Women aged 25 to 60 comprise the majority of fibromyalgia patients.
– Women are 10 times more likely to develop the condition.
– Diagnosing fibromyalgia requires a comprehensive physical examination, as a physician must rule out any other similar conditions.
– A blood test, specifically a full blood count (FBC) and thyroid exam, is routinely undertaken to diagnose the condition.
– Upon a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, patients are often referred to a rheumatologist for proper treatment.
We sincerely hope that this article is insightful, and inspires those that may be stricken with fibromyalgia to seek medical guidance.
HERE ARE TEN POTENTIAL SIGNS OF FIBROMYALGIA TO NEVER IGNORE: